*ing: Richa Chaddha, Pulkit Samrat, Varun Sharma, Ali Fazal, Manjot Singh, Vishakha Singh, Priya Anand
Director: Mrighdeep Singh Lamba
Genre: Comedy, Youth
Playing catch-up on the films which should have been watched but couldn't due to varied reasons.
Attempts to get-rich-soon landing the lead protagonists in trouble.
- Its an unknown cast. Some members having done bit pieces in other films. Some others have been spotted in some commercials. Yet as you watch, the movie grows on you. Proving once again that an interesting storyline with memorable characters backed up by good acting will become a hit.
- Don't think there have been so many characters so much interested in getting to a particular college in any story (for varied reasons) of course.
- Choocha has to be the most memorable character in recent times. Though Bholi Punjaban and Panditji give him a close run
- "Yes... Choocha specking" - the most memorable line.
- There is a dreamer (our very own Choocha) and there is a dream interpreter who interprets them to pick a lottery number. An outlandish plot and yet the makers pull it off. And they manage to reference Inception as well.
- Plenty of scope to have sequels.
- Songs have a very high catchy quotient. Special mention - Ambarsariya.
- Dialogues and locations are the kind which normal people can relate to. Another key point working in favour of the movie.
Rating: 8/10. Totally enjoyable
Previously on MovieNotes: Fast & Furious 6