Movie: Fast & Furious 6
*ing: Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson, Luke Evans, Michelle Rodriguez and many more
Director: Justin Lim
6th movie in a franchise (although 5th in the chronological order) which began as street car racing and has now evolved into road heists with fast cars playing a major part.
A government agent takes the help of a gang of "good-hearted" criminals, who have outwitted him previously, to counter the evil designs of a bigger villain.
- Tokyo Drift is widely accepted as the worst film of the franchise, yet it is the one which is tying up many loose ends.
- Query - Did the filmmakers (of Tokyo Drift) really think they would be able to add in that twist to the accident scene from Tokyo Drift and make it a major plot continuity point?
- Motto of the movie - Family come first. In fact even the likes of Suraj Barjatya and Karan Johar won't be able to emphasize on family bonds the way Dominic Toretto does.
- The credits song - We Own It (by Wiz Khalifa & 2 Chainz) is really catchy and gets stuck in the brain even though the lyrics aren't clear.
- The action scenes are outrageous yet you want to believe them to be true. e.g. a tank exploding out of a truck. They also do not focus on blood and gore.
- The movie works at frenetic pace. The key players move across continents in no time.
- The epilogue scene makes things more interesting. I am looking forward to Fast and Furious 7, though Paul Walker's untimely death has added some more twists to the story.
Rating: 7/10 - High on adrenaline. Rest do not really matter.
Previously on MovieNotes: The Lunchbox