Movie - Zalzala (1988)
*ing - Dharmendra, Shatrughan Sinha, Rajiv Kapoor, Danny Dengzongpa, Anita Raj, Kimi Katkar, Vijeta Pandit, Gulshan Grover & Others
Language - Hindi
(a) I am hibernating on Sundays.
(b) I am boycotting watching IPL since the spot-fixing scandal emerged.
Given above conditions, landed on Shara One (yes I shocked myself) while channel-surfing. And found a movie just starting which I ended up watching from beginning to end.
A secret and ancient Shiv temple made entirely of gold and whose path is known to only one person. And there are many villains after the treasures. And there are good guys after the bad guys. All these combining to form a recipe for a typical 80s Bollywood masala pot-boiler.
- The story has surprising twists and turns - mainly on account of all characters having some inter-connect with each other.
- The Shiv temple element had the promise of an Indiana Jones but the premise wasn't even explored
- Police directly hand over large sums of reward money to bounty hunters.
- Mediums of transport are three - Police jeep, Police Van and horseback
- Dialogue of the movie: Question - "नाम क्या है तुम्हारा?"; Reply - "गाँव का मुखिया"
- Character of the movie: A horse who likes to drink hard liquor.
- Lots of shooting and killings
- A song can apppear any time. e.g. The good guys performing puja while the bad side loots the temple.
- A 34 year old Tiku Talsania plays the role of 50-year old Jagdeep's father. Guess the casting agents mixed up the roles.
Rating - 5/10, Avoid watching unless you have nothing better to do.
Previously on MovieNotes - Jolly LLB