Thursday, December 03, 2020

Corona Chronicles – The DJ Playlist

So here I am quarantining prior to making an entry into the bubble life. The pandemic and consequent precautions have killed the to & fro day trips. Now any work visit is strictly monitored and becomes a month-long exercise starting with tests and quarantine. But that is not something worth blogging about (or maybe it is, after all, there suddenly seems a bit more time to do nothing). 

So there I am minding my business when from across the safety of the window I hear the sounds of some function going on nearby, probably a reception. Which for some reason also had a DJ, who was trying desperately to throw some life into the small gathering (another collateral impact of the virus, no big, fat public functions anymore). 

Well, lets just say, the playlist was quite an interesting mix. And me, utilizing the solitude, diligently noted down the entire playlist as the songs came on. There were a few repeats as well. I guess some sort of musical chairs was also on, where the participation seemed, to put it gently, less than enthusiastic! But I digress, so coming back here is the playlist. 

Presenting the 2020 Corona Chronicles DJ mix 
  1. We will rock you – Queen (YouTube) Great song but for opening the reception party? 
  2. Sapne me milti hai – Satya (YouTube) Much better. 
  3. Bala bala – Housefull 4 (YouTube)  I don’t like the song
  4. Gangnam style – PSY (YouTube)  Why why why? 
  5. Aankh Maare - Simbaa (YouTube) Anything to embarrass the couple on stage! I liked the older version though
  6. Bolo tara ra ra – Daler Mehndi (YouTubeThey are getting into the groove now
  7. Khaike paan banaraswala - Don (YouTube) Where did this come from? 
  8. Zingaat – Sairat (YouTube) I liked this one 
  9. Kajra re – Bunty Aur Babli (YouTube) Heard this one after ages! 
  10. Dil chori sada ho gaya – Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety (YouTube) Another appropriate one 
  11. Ishq tera tadpave – Sukhbir (YouTube) The Grand Finale - had to end with this one. After all which party in India doesn’t play this one & which DJ does not mute the oh ho ho bit.
Mile Sur Mera Tumhara could have done with this cultural mix - songs in English, Hindi, Punjabi, Marathi and Korean! A proper pot pourri of songs. But who am I to judge, it certainly kept yours truly engrossed for a while (and more).

No comments: